Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mount Merapi Eruption

It's been 4 days since the first eruption of Merapi, and I just felt the effects this morning. The vulcanic ashes hit the town, reached my home.. Caused by another big eruption last night, around 1 am, a really big eruption and about 3,5 km 'wedhus gembel'. The ashes rain reached the distance of 20 km.

I was preparing for my graduation day, I woke up and opened my twitter and found people tweeting about the ashes. I went out of my room and found the street was covered by the ashes, also cars, roof, everything. And the ashes rain was still falling. I was like panicking, thinking about my makeup and hairdo later!! Hahaha..

It was really horrible, cos the first time Merapi erupted, the ashes didn't get to the town, even they went further to West Java. This is how it looked this morning.


I hope everything goes well with Indonesia, specially Jogjakarta. God bless us.

Sent from my AXIS Worry Free BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments: